Sunday 30 November 2014

Fiction Adaptation: DAY 3 FILMING - OLDER NANCY

Today I filmed the short scene at the end of my film with the older version of Nancy reminiscing about Jack.

I made sure all my set was out before my character arrived, which wasn't a problem as the set was quite simple, I had a table with some photographs on it, a small box and some candles and accessories on the side. The main issue was the lighting, I hired out the lighting kit and it took me a while to set it out correctly as I was unsure where I wanted the lights to go.

I began filming at 11am and Heather arrived on time. I first went through the scene with her to make sure she knew what she was doing (her role was pretty small but I still wanted her to be clear). We looked through the script and I asked her to wear red lipstick as that's what the younger Nancy wore, it wasn't vital but I thought it would be a nice touch. I then made sure she was wearing the same ring the younger Nancy wore - however I soon realised a problem...
Whilst filming the younger Nancy's scene I hadn't placed the ring on her wedding finger, so the ring just looked like a dress ring. This meant I had to make it so Nancy and her 'fiancé' are just boyfriend and girlfriend, it's not a huge problem I just thought it would seem more passionate and bitter sweet if they was engaged and he died. However, I couldn't change this so just had to deal with what I had. My production assistant Vic helped me throughout the day of filming especially with the lights and moving things around.
Heathers day of filming was really great as she's lovely to work with and even teared up a little during the shoot! I believe she is the perfect character for my film as she gave off perfect emotions and portrayed the character as I'd imagined.
It only took around an hour to film Heathers scene as the scene included her looking through all the items of her past, reminiscing about Jack and then we see her sat by herself at the end of the film.

The day went smoothly and I'm really happy with the footage I have got!

No comments:

Post a Comment