Monday 10 November 2014

Fiction Adaptation: AUDITIONS DAY 1

Today is the first day of holding auditions for the role of Nancy. I've asked my two applicant to audition for the role of the friends as well. Before the audition I was in constant contact with my actors making sure they was prepared for the short interview. I sent them the poem and asked them to practice performing it in a 'proper' British. I'm quite nervous to audition my applicants but exceed at the same time as it's going to be the first step to starting to see my production come to life.

Georgina Leigh Patrick was my first audition-ee. She recited the poem back to me in a very lovely manner, with pauses where I wanted them and changing the tone of her voice to match what's being said. I really liked how she read the poem, however I was unsure on the looks of Georgina. I wanted a petite small girl and although I left hight open in my advert, I feel seeing Georgina made me realise I definitely wanted someone smaller and more petite. I feel Georgina didn't have the right look for my film, however I am still considering her for the role of the friend. I asked her some questions about herself and explained more about the production to her. I do like Georgina but just not for the role of Nancy, however I will make my decision after seeing everyone.

Here is a video from Georgina's audition.

My next audition-ee is Alice Waters. When coming across her online, I felt she looked really great for my character with the right style, hair and looks. However her audition let her down which was disappointing. Before Alice's audition I decided I should add something else into the audition so I can see my actors actually acting something out. I decided I would start asking my actors to act out the scene where Nancy is having fun with her friends and her locket drops off her neck. I chose this scene as it's one with the most emotion and shouldn't be taken lightly or rushed. Alice didn't seem fully engaged with the audition and I didn't feel connected with her for the character of Nancy. Alice read the poem out well but was unable to put 100% into her audition. I was quite disappointed as I thought she would be perfect for the role however I still may consider her for the role of one of the friends.

Here is a video from her audition.

Overall, I believe the auditions are going well but it's annoying that I can't find anyone yet that i've really thought 'wow' to. But it is only the first day and I've still got a lot more people to audition for Nancy's role. I've learnt that I should of began asking them to act out a scene at the beginning as I would of seen more of what Georgina can do if I'd thought about asking them to do it earlier - but I will have to learn from this and make sure for the other interviews I ask them to act out a scene so I can see their full potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment