Saturday 1 November 2014

Digital News Production: COUNSELLOR CHRIS IVINE

As our group became more wary we don't have any experts to interview at Lodge Hill any more, I decided to try look more into the background of RSPB and the communications officers. Helen sent our group a link http://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/news/green-light-for-lodge-hill-22970 So I decided to look into it. I came across a Counsellor called Chris Ivine. Chris worked for the medway council, however he decided to leave to go to UKIP because Medway council said they wasn't going to build on Lodge Hill, however changed their minds. The reason he left is because he is extremely passionate about the nightingale site and didn't want it to be torn down. I went on his twitter website and finally got a contact email I could use through his website.

Twitter page: @CGI247

Website: chrisirvine.wordpress.com

His website held many posts about Medway Council, the nightingale site, his dedication to trying too make sure the site didn't get torn down, and many more.

I also read the article below and watched his speech to the planning committee about Lodge hill which was quite interesting.

http://chrisirvine.wordpress.com/2014/09/04/my-speech-on-lodge-hill-to-the-planning-committee/

I decided he was the perfect candidate to interview about the site becoming built on. I decided to contact him and ask him to be part of our production. Here is the message below.



I thought even though we may have someone to interview, we could still also interview the petitioners, to make the atmosphere in our live piece more interesting and maybe get the audiences attention. I've decided I'm going to do some more research to find some petitioners.

Until then, hopefully Chris will get back to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment