Monday 3 November 2014

Fiction Adaptation: NARROWING DOWN IDEAS

To research more into my Fiction Adaptation piece, I decided to add some more notes to the poem so I could paint a clearer picture of what I want to film. As my film is quite abstract I felt it was hard to write down on paper my intentions, therefore I have shown some videos below of what things I want featured in my film. 
First of all, I want there to be metaphors featured heavily throughout the poem, and I want to film things such as ink,bubbles, and glasses smashing on the floor in slow motion. 
Below I have posted a video of in in a glass being poured into water in slow motion. When I film this I want to edit it in after effects to flip the colours so the ink is white and the background is black, this is so when it flashes on the screen when talking about the soldiers dying it will look weird and unpleasing to the audience. The ink is meant to represent the soldiers falling down in the war and ruining the whole 'beautiful day' scenario and atmosphere I am going to create. 

Throughout the rest of my film I want to use abstract techniques like the ink being poured - but use other objects such as showing glass smashing in slow motion and bubbles popping. This is to represent all the wonderful people being killed and broken, showing the two different sides of the 20's - one is happy and untouchable, the other is shattering by the minute and being killed.
My main character Nancy is going to be celebrating summer and the general life carrying on, whilst her husband is going to be showing the other side of the 20's - however his character is mainly going to be metaphorical and only shown in person towards the end, I am going to use flashes of the ink/smoke/glass smashing as a representation of him.

Below, I have written some more details about my poem.

When reading the poem, I thought of a summer back garden party, however thought it would be difficult to dress that many people so decided 3 friends drinking tea and laughing together in their garden would be a suitable compromise and more realistic.

As the 20's costumes are quite simple compared to 50's styles I found it quite easy to find dresses and hair pieces from the 20's which I could buy for my 4 female characters. I have also been practicing ''The Marcel Wave'' and some 20's makeup on myself so when I film I have the hair and makeup practiced to do on my actresses.

Here are the links to the products I will buy once I find out my actresses sizes.
1)
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-1920s-Look-Flapper-5-tiers-Swing-Fringe-Cocktail-Party-Evening-Dress-/261549359520?pt=UK_Women_s_Dresses&var=&hash=item3ce58e81a0

2)
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Black-1920s-Cloche-Hat-/121340243763?pt=UK_Clothing_Masks_JD&hash=item1c40712f33

3)
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-1920s-Gatsby-Flapper-Feather-Headband-Dress-Hat-Headpiece-DOWNTON-/141282973990?pt=UK_Clothing_Masks_JD&hash=item20e51f1926

Below is a link to the Prezi.


No comments:

Post a Comment