Wednesday 12 November 2014

Fiction Adaptation: CALLING HEATHER

So recently i’ve been getting in contact with an applicant off Star now called Heather Phillips. She applied for the role of the older version of Nancy in my short film. Looking at her photographs and experience levels she seemed perfect for the role, however I wanted to make sure she was right for the character so rang her up to have a chat (unable to travel down for audition date). I rang her up and she was a pleasure to talk to, she was really helpful and asked me lots of questions about the role, what she should wear, how she should act and if there is any other things I am looking for. Heather couldn’t access the poem online that I sent her but she said on the phone she had another poem which she could read for me if I wanted - which I thought was great. Heather read out a short slow poem which allowed me to hear her voice more clearly and hear how she sounded when hearing different emotions. I asked Heather some more questions and decided then and there she was perfect for my role of Heather. I confirmed dates with her and she was really happy to help me out with my production.

I’m happy with who I have for the role of the older version of Nancy as I was worried I wouldn’t find anyone, and even when I did, I was unsure whether she would be good - but she definitely was and fits the character role perfectly!

No comments:

Post a Comment