Thursday 13 November 2014

Fiction Adaptation: AUDITIONS DAY 2

AUDITIONS DAY 2
Today was my second day of auditions for the role of Nancy. I had one video audition and one person coming to the studios at 6pm.

I began by watching the audition Ruth sent to me through video as she was unable to come to the audition. I sent her the poem to act out and some additional questions about herself. Ruth portrayed the character of Nancy very well and did look the part, however I wasn’t 100% sure as I feel she didn’t give too much emotion when reading certain parts of the poem and I don’t want to cast someone based on this. Another thing that was a problem was she video audition - although I was happy to receive it I was worried that if she can’t turn up to the audition, what if she can’t turn up to the actual film? Ruth seems lovely and was really interested in the character and she’s the best i’ve had yet, but I’m going to keep looking and see if I can get someone I’m 100% sure of for the role of Nancy. 

Here is the video audition she sent me:

Later on that day, I was waiting for Jennifer Done to arrive as she was scheduled in for an audition at 6pm. Jennifer rang me informing me she was stuck in traffic and was going to be late, this was fine but I couldn’t wait for too long as we had to leave. I was worried as I didn’t want to have to ask her to send in a video audition as I wanted to ask her to act out a scene and have more of a chat with her in person about the character role and film. Luckily Jennifer turned up and it was definitely worth the wait. Not only was she a great performer, but she fit up to the person I was looking for and I was so happy and relieved. I really liked Jennifer’s audition and she portrayed all the emotions  I was looking for and her voice suited the poem really well. I’m glad she came as judging by her casting call profile she didn’t have too many pictures and videos which made me not consider her that much until her audition.

Here is the video from her audition:

No comments:

Post a Comment