Friday 21 November 2014

Fiction Adaptation: DAY 2 FILMING - NANCY

Today we began filming the second day of filming with Jennifer for Nancy's roles. Today we filmed the scene where Nancy finds out Jack's been killed at war, the scene where she's in the park, and a scene where she visions Jack and a lot of creepy stuff begins to happen!

As I had a lot to do today I began early and asked Jennifer to arrive at 8:30am again. However due to train troubles, Jennifer was late which meant we didn't begin filming till around half 10 as I needed to do her hair.
Whilst styling Jennifer's hair I began getting worried that it wouldn't look the same as day 1 filming and ruin continuity. However after looking at clips from the previous days work, I soon was able to create the same look (near enough) which I was happy with.

We began filming immediately and started with the kitchen scene. I was really happy with the way this scene turned out as it's quite slow paced but brings out all the emotions I want Nancy and the viewer to feel. I filmed a variety of shots to make sure I had enough coverage and close up's of Nancy's face and reaction when she reads the letter. I wanted the scene to be very powerful and dramatic so filmed Nancy falling to the ground and dropping the letter. Filming went really well and I'm happy with the shots we got!

Next, we filmed the scene where Nancy runs back to the house and finds one beautiful, rich red rose left from Summer left in her garden. However we see Nancy reacting to Jack (her imagination) and step back and crush the rose.
Throughout this scene I wanted it to begin with a pan of Nancy looking at the rose and gradually build up with tighter shots and a more abstract feel to the piece. Jennifer is very easy to work with and understood what I wanted in the piece and I feel she performed very well. It took us around half an hour to film this scene as I wanted to film it with a few different varieties of shots to make sure I could change my mind if I wanted.

The last scene we shot was at the park, it was a 10 minute walk but I didn't mind as it was the perfect place to film my scene. I made sure my actress was wearing warm clothing during the journey there and offered her a break before we left.
Throughout this scene I wanted Nancy to be very happy and excited, and finds a shiny red apple on the floor which intrigues her. For this scene I told Jennifer I wanted her to imagine she is in a field full of flowers and spin round then fall to the floor. I asked my production assistant, Vic to film some high shots looking down on Nancy to make her seem vulnerable and small as I was too short to film them. Jennifer once again performed really well throughout the day.

I'm really happy with this days filming as I got so much done and shot a LOT of material, especially for the out door scenes which I was worried about. Throughout the day I did change my mind a lot of what shots I wanted as some didn't turn out as I expected. However I am happy with what I've got and I'm going to edit this in with my footage so I am organised for the next shoot and will have this edit ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment