Wednesday 10 December 2014

Fiction Adaptation: FRAME PHOTOSHOOT

For my film I plan on having Nancy's fiancé shown in the film throughout. This will be through imagery such as a photo of Jack (the fiancé) in her necklace locket. He will also appear towards the end of the film with the older version of Nancy when she's looking through old photos and reading her poem back. He will be in a photo with his friend (who he died in place of).

I needed someone to play the role of the best friend, just for the photo. I didn't think there was a point in hiring an actor just for one photograph. I also already had planned to ask my house mate Laurie as he fits the character I need: tall and dark. I want the photograph to be in sepia, and the two characters to be wearing suits of the 20's. As both characters are upper class, I did some research into photos back from the 20's to see how they posed and acted in photographs, I found a LOT of different ways, some more casual than I thought they would be. I decided to put a part in each of my characters hairs and style their hair to look more formal and presentable. I decided to take a lot of different photos of the two guys to see which one I found to be the best. I actually really like how the photos came out! Next I needed to take a photo of Jack by himself, this will be the photograph for inside the locket and for the older version of Nancy at the end. I found it difficult to take these photographs as I wasn't too sure on the hat prop I bought and felt like the photo looked generally weird as it didn't have a good background. However I still like the outcome and hopefully the sepia brown tone will help it to come to life more.
Overall, I think the photo shoot went really well and I'm pleased with the amount of photos we got. My next job is to edit the effect on to the photograph and then see how they turn out. I am then going to buy some old fashioned photo frames and see what the photos look like in there!

Here are some of the photographs we took and why I chose what I did.
(photos here)
I decided to choose this photograph of Jack and his best friend Harry as I feel the photograph shouldn't be too serious as it doesn't need to be and should show two men in their prime looking happy. I am going to print out the photo in sepia + black and white so it looks old and has a brown tint to it.

I choose this photo of Jack as I wanted a typical soldiers photo where they are at an angle wearing a suit and their hat. I chose this picture also because I like how serious Vic looks which fits with what I want as during research into photos from the 20's, the men where always serious in their photographs by themselves. Unfortunately I was unable to get  soldiers outfit so decided to get my character to wear a suit which I believe still worked. I couldn't get the right angle for the photo so I'm not 100% happy with the outcome however I still like it and will use it for my film.

No comments:

Post a Comment