Monday 12 May 2014

Commission Documentary Unit 3: Final update and looking back!

After a long day of re editing our film, we finally have it all finished! :)

Although we had to cut some parts out and re arrange bits, we're over all happy with the final outcome, however I feel like it's a very basic documentary and very sync heavy as when editing I mentioned we should of added more cut aways in the final as we had in the previous edits.

Over all the project has been quite stressful however it's taught me a lot about working in groups and how it's crucial to collaborate, meet up, consider each others opinions and make sure that everyone is communicating well with each other. It has also taught me not to judge how someone will be in a group just because they have good work - it doesn't mean they are good to work with in a group.

As myself, Vic and Andrei are very passionate about our ideas in our projects, I tried to push that aside and make sure I am fully listening to other peoples ideas instead of wanting mine, however this didn't work vice versa for some aspects in our group so I felt like I should of been more adamant with putting my ideas out there.

Overall, if I could do the project again I would definitely allow more time for research as I had so much to say and do but not enough time to come up with a solid idea, just the outline of an idea which got brushed out the window because the Cathedral idea was unfortunately right there for us to do, so what are outsiders going to think, pick the girls idea who doesn't have a solid idea, or pick the Cathedral idea which has definite characters, a story and locations? ...

Although the Cathedral story is an extremely huge project and we had the privilege to work on it and document the stone being replaced after hundreds of years, I still wish we went with the 'My Hero' brief as it would not only allow lots of different ideas to flow, it would push us into not just going for something that's laid out in front of us on the table.

No comments:

Post a Comment