Thursday 8 May 2014

Commission Documentary Unit 3: Editing Day 3

Today I finally began editing the interviews together after a long process of waiting for transcriptions to be finished. I started by editing in Steve’s interview into the sequence and adding cutaways where I had made notes on our video. The process to do this was quite time consuming as I precisely cut the interviews to make sure it all looked and sounded as smooth and continuous as possible.
Another process I did during the edit was editing the intro into our video. To do this I took some exterior shots of Canterbury that we already had from the field trip and added it into the sequence, I also added a short sequence of Scott walking into the stonemasonry workshop room to introduce the workshop. I also wanted to start on editing Marella into the sequence however I didn’t yet have the highlighted transcription of what parts of the interview we was using, to further speed the process up Vic said he would take Marellas transcription and highlight the parts we needed, I then received the transcription and began editing Marella into the sequence.

I was quite happy with what I edited today however the process could have been a lot quicker.

No comments:

Post a Comment