Monday 27 October 2014

Fiction Adaptation: RECORDING THE NARRATIVE

During each filming day I recorded the narrative with both the Nancy actors (Heather and Jennifer). I unfortunately didn't have the boom or clip mic with me as I wasn't planning on filming the sound (on screen) but had a change of heart and decided I wanted both voices in the clips and blend them together at the end as I feel it will make the film more interesting and add more depth.

This meant I needed to record the audio from the canon. I knew this wouldn't be the best of quality however I thought I'd at least give it a go and see what I can do with it.

When listening back to it on final cut I realised it sounded quite echoey and like it was recorded from far away - even though I was close to the actor.
This made me realise I'd made a huge mistake! However I did manage to turn it round on Final Cut Pro and made it sound better and more crisp however I aren't 100% pleased with it at all and I wish i'd re shot it. 

Filming the narration itself however was pretty straight forward, I asked both actors to read the poem fully as then I had a much larger variety of who I wanted to speak which parts. Both actors was always a pleasure to work with on the camera and behind the camera and didn't mind recording the narration a few times. They spoke it how I wanted however I realised that there voices aren't exactly the same accent as the younger Nancy has a more well spoken accent than the older version, however once again I have learnt that if I did it again I would need to make sure I tell both actress' the accent to speak in - or show them the recording of the other version of themselves so they can reference each others voices.

All in all i've learnt from my mistakes and realised I should of just re booked another day to film the narration so the sound would of been perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment