Friday 1 November 2013

Media Influences

Media Influences for Pre Production.

To get inspired and show in planning how I want my location, props, characters and mise en scene to look, I have decided to research into media and imagery to get a brief idea of how my film will look. 

After researching into the character profiles, I want both my characters to be two complete opposites. To do this I have decided to create a dull, unorganised scenario for the fathers scene, and for the son, he will be living in a clean, OCD kitchen with everything in the right place. 

LOCATION:

  1. Taking inspiration from the British TV show 'Shameless' I want the location to look as if it is in a rough council estate with drug dealers hanging around or in a desolated flat. I think this will show that the father lives in a cheap, chaotic area where it wouldn't be safe to have a family. 

As my other character is highly OCD, I want his families house to be absolutely organised and sparkling clean to over highlight how neat and tidy he is.


(Mise-en scene also) In comparison to this, I want the fathers flat to look overly messy and contain alcohol and cigarettes in the kitchen. To do this, I will arrange all the pots in the kitchen overlapping each other as the photo below shows. I'll also spread alcohol over the table and make it very unorganised, this will also allow the son to feel uncomfortable and shocked at how his Dad lives when arriving at his home.


COSTUME:
The father's costume will be inspired by the character Frank Gallagher in the Channel 4 Programme 'Shamless' and Ste Hay in the Channel 4 Programme Hollyoaks.

Frank Gallagher 
Ste Hay


The antagonist will wear tracky bottoms and baggy ripped jeans to represent being lazy and rough around the edges. My character will also have stubble to make him look older.

My second character will be influenced by Jack Whitehall. I want him to look quite clean cut, yet have a cheeky appeal to himself. Jack Whitehall also has quite an innocent look which I think would help develop the OCD, quite character profile further. However, the clothes my character wears will be quite casual such as blue/black jeans and a plain shirt with a black jacket as I want him to be seen as laid back and also not look too old.

PROPS:
I'm going to create a very dis organised and messy mise en scene by using a variety of kitchen utensils and alcoholic beverages such as:
Tea bags, Sambuca bottle, Cider, ripped letters, a lot of cups and plates.

No comments:

Post a Comment