Wednesday 11 March 2015

Professional Practice: First Meeting - Rachel + Jeremy

Today Sam and I went to meet the education officer, Jeremy Clarke and the co-ordinator Rachel Kerr. They was both extremely enthusiastic about the project which made the process easier as they was eager to plan and arrange dates to film. I made sure to mention we was working to a deadline and we also had specific dates we couldn't film on. I had a lot of questions to ask about what sort of style and shots they'd want. However, I think Rachel was a little overwhelmed and asked if she could have some time to think about the questions and follow up with an email. I mentioned to her that I would also email her about the dates we couldn't attend.

Jeremy and Rachel also showed us around the Guildhall Museum which was nice of them. They showed us each room and told us where they would be when it was time to film at the museum. Sam and I discussed how many cameras we should use, sound equipment and also pointed out that it was quite dark in some areas so may need to bring some lights with us. However, Rachel said we'd be unable to use lights in some areas as they didn't have plug sockets available. Although it would be good to use lights, I think it would be too overwhelming and distracting for the children and our aim is to make sure we're out of the way and not ruining the day for them.

After the meeting I left feeling pleased and excited. Rachel and Jeremy seemed really lovely so I was excited to work with them! When I got home I immediately sent Rachel an email with all the dates we couldn't attend so everyone would be on the same page. Rachel followed up with an email thanking us and telling us when we should expect to find out when the first filming date would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment