Tuesday 10 March 2015

Studio Production: BODY IMAGE EDIT + ROUGH CUT 1

After receiving both camera footages, I've began starting a rough cut for the Body Image VT. 

I found this one MUCH better to edit as the cameras are all steady and there are sequences I can use to cut from. There is still a lot to add and footage that still needs to be filmed which I have left gaps for in the edit. I aren't sure on any sound effects/music yet as I've not had any contact from the team on if music is being researched - so I decided to take initiative and add a 'ding' sound and camera shutter noise for now so we'd at least have something.

I found the script extremely hard to follow as it was more of a bullet point / shot list than telling me an order they'd like or certain shots they'd want, as well as where interviews should go.

Here is the example of the script for the Photoshoot..


I've given back my rough cut to the director and producer (Tim and Sophie) for feedback.
Feedback was quite good and they was much happier than the graffiti rough cut (obviously). I am unsure on what to change yet and what music I am being given, however Sophie asked me to meet with her on Tuesday for more feedback and see what else needs to be filmed and any voice overs that need to be done.

Overall i've learnt from this edit that even if you didn't go to the shoot, if a script is formatted correctly, you can have a much easier edit. However I'm finding that i'm always having to ask a lot of questions as the script is bullet pointed. 

Here is the first very rough cut for the Body Image VT :)

No comments:

Post a Comment