Monday 2 March 2015

Professional Practice: Chosen place

For my commission, I have decided to work with the Guildhall Museum on a huge project called The Curriculum of North Kent.

The project is aimed at funders, primary schools and children. The education officer Jeremy Clarke, and Co-ordinator, Rachel Kerr, want a 3-5 minute video which will show how 4 heritage sites collaborate with primary schools to teach children about the place they live. They want enticing and exciting material of children taking part in activities, answering questions about Medway, and looking at historic objects.

The 4 heritage sites involved which I will be filming at are:

-The Historic Dockyard in Chatham.
-Guildhall Museum in Rochester.
-The Royal Engineers Museum in Gillingham
-Rochester Cathedral.

There will be around 12 primary schools taking part in the project.

I am really excited to start my commission with this project as it's a lot to film and edit and it will be a challenging process, especially as i've not worked with children before.

I am excited to work in the professional environment to see the differences that I will be faced with, any problems I have to overcome, and working to deadlines that I set, instead of timetabled ones.

I am also working with Sam McKeown on this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment