Tuesday 11 February 2014

Directions Unit 2: Audition and casting problems Important Update!

Unfortunately during and after auditions I had a huge problem.
Firstly, 3 people didn't turn up for auditions. One of which emailed me saying she didn't know it was today - although we'd been emailing back and forth for a while arranging the date and time. The second girl claimed her phone hadn't been working all day, and the male role for my film dropped out of the audition as he had paid work on the weekend and had over booked his schedule. This meant I quickly needed to find another role. Originally I asked another guy that auditioned, however, he didn't get back to me.

The girl who I wanted for my main role did an online audition as she couldn't get to the studios on that day due to work. I really liked her audition and it was all going well so far for the main role for the girl.

However... the next major problem that happened was my MAIN role cancelled. After telling her she got the part and arranging the filming, she said she couldn't come as it was too short notice for her, even though I told her that right at the start I wrote on Casting Call what the filming dates where. As I was due to film in the next few days I had to look for females who fitted the part.
Kate Sargent was one of the people who I firstly thought of. Very luckily, she was available to film for me which was great, although she didn't have dark hair I knew she fit the part anyway as she looked quite artistic and has a vintage style.

I also decided that Vittorio Falcucci would work well for the character 'Josh' who gives the package to Yasmin. I thought this as Josh is supposed to be tall, dress smart, and have dark shortish hair. Vic fits this role well and I also decided I would do his hair and style it for the part. I also went out and we got Vic a tie, as he already had a white shirt and black trousers and some black smart shoes.

So far Casting call has been a disaster for me, however hopefully in the future I will have more reliable auditioners.

No comments:

Post a Comment