Thursday 6 February 2014

Directions Unit 2: CASTING & AUDITION SCHEDULE.

After recieving 8 applications for my short film (5 girls, 3 boys) I began emailing the applicants back to arrange a date and time that would be suitable for them to audition.
I first looked for a location I could hold my audition/interview at and decided on the Maidstone TV Studios. I chose this location as first of all it was professional and had a lot of space, and it also meant that I wouldn't have to rent out a place to hold auditions. Along with the fact it would be safer there to meet people who have applied online.

I first began sending an email to everyone which introduced myself and also gave them a specific date in which they could come along.
Here is the message I sent to all the applicants.

After deciding the location of my interviews, I began getting responses of applicants stating the date and time which would be suitable. I originally decided to hold auditions from 12pm till 3pm, however noticed that 2 applicants couldn't make it till after three so decided I would hold auditions till around 5-5:30pm. I began emailing the applicants back and forth deciding on a date and then told them the location they would need to attend for the audition.

During the Directors workshop we had with Steve Finn, he handed out a short 1 page script from a TV show in which we took turns to direct. As the film isn't highly dialogue based I needed something which I could use to audition the applicants with to see there acting style. I decided to use the short 1 page script Steve had given us as it was quite basic but could be interpreted in various ways which i'd seen in the directors workshop. The script also isn't too long and would fit perfectly with the short 15-20 minute interviews.
Here is the script I am using.

After arranging times and days with my applicants, I have created an audition schedule so I know when everyone will be arriving.

Here is the audition schedule:


No comments:

Post a Comment