Monday 22 February 2016

Major Project: Casting Updates

Through a tough few weeks of two of our main actors dropping out - I finally managed to find 2 people who I think fit the roles of Francis and Lucy extremely well.

Francis Delagarza (played by Adam Jarrell)

I reached out to Adam on Casting call after desperately looking for the person I wanted. It felt like I couldn't find the right person anywhere, and the ideal person had just dropped out. I finally found Adam, and was deciding whether he looked old enough, but also looked young enough to change for the flashback scene. I want someone who is in their 30's, but I can make look early 20s. I looked at his photographs and found he had lots of varieties, some with suits, some casual. This really helped me in deciding if he'd fit the role or not. Adam contacted me and was really interested in the project, he quickly sent a video audition and asked for any notes we could give him. We was really happy with the audition and soon after we rang him and after a long chat, he had the role. I honestly am very happy with Adam and for the representation of the character I have wrote, he fits the role very well.
  


                                                                   Lucy Tailor (played by Georgina Leigh Patrick)


Back in the pre production stage, I considered Georgina for the role of Lucy, however, I didn't contact her due to already finding someone who I thought was great for the role. However, after around 4 people for the role of Lucy dropping out due to commitment issues, I decided to contact her. I knew she was a great actress as i'd worked with her before and so had Vic, but I didn't want to reach out and then drop her if she didn't fit. However, I decided it needed to be done and I shouldn't let doubt get in the way. Georgina got in touch straight away, after a few conversations and details over the project, she was cast. Although this was a hasty decision to make as we only have a few days before filming, I am confident she will fit the role as she has the look, and I know she can act well.




Daniel McCarther (Michael Martin)


Michael was a much more appropriate fit for our film and i'm really glad we decided to cast him. At first glance, I wasn't too sure as i'd be so used to seeing Doug as Daniel. However, I decided to atleast try as his showreel was really good. We initially skyped him and he did an audition which we was really happy with. Michael gave a different perspective to the character yet still fit him very well. We decided to cast him immediately and i'm really glad we gave him that Skype!














Overall, I'm really happy with the current cast we have and although it was very stressful, it was worth the wait for the people we have. I have learnt a lot through the casting process such as trying to audition as many people as possible, as some may not seem like they fit - but through an audition you can see a different side to the actors.

No comments:

Post a Comment