Tuesday 3 November 2015

Pre - Production: PLATFORM RESEARCH

As the short film we are achieving to create is a Mystery Drama, I decided to look into some films and television shows of the same genre to see what time they are on television, and the channels that allow them to be broadcast. I want to look at any watershed problems with violence and swearing and also make sure the genre and theme of the film fits with the time frame in which it's allowed to be broadcast, and that the television channel targets the right audience. To begin with I wanted to look at the obvious choice; Film4. Film 4 is a British television channel that has a lot of sister platforms such as 4seven, channel 4, E4 and a website which also streams the published films. I know this is a popular channel and the range of genres and styles of films are always changing and updating. Whilst looking at the Q&A for film4's commissioning guidelines, I found this; I like the idea that the channel

No comments:

Post a Comment