Sunday 8 February 2015

Studio Production: T- Shirt Tests!

As i'm the editor and my role is very post production, I wanted something else to do to be more involved in the project and helpful. Helen mentioned she wanted some shirts created for the camera crew so that the directors and floor managers could easily talk to each other and see the camera + it's number. I mentioned I studied textiles at college and knew how to do it with some 'Image Maker' I had, so offered to help (It would also help keep the cost down). Helen agreed and I began testing out the design. I had an old white top that I thought I'd use just to test out the logo.

  1. First I began by ironing the top making sure I placed some paper underneath to stop it from seeping through.
  2. Then I measured how big the logo should be and made the accurate size on my laptop.
  3. I then flipped the photo (as it comes out reversed) and printed it out. I then cut around the excess which I didn't need.
  4. I then began to paint the paste onto the image making sure it had an evenly thick layer.
  5. I turned it over and placed it onto the top and flattened out any creased so it wouldn't be messy.
  6. Next is the waiting game. As it's paste and not emulsion I have to let it dry for around 4 hours!
Here is some photos of the process!



Here is the finished product:


No comments:

Post a Comment