Monday 12 January 2015

Studio Production & Professional Practice BRIEF!


After Christmas we have come back to being assigned another two units; Studio Production and Professional Practice.

Studio Production.

For this unit we will all be working together to create a 30 minute 'as live' show for television. This is a really exciting but nervous project as we get individual roles and responsibilities but working in such a large group may have it's problems. The show will be filmed in the studios and we must each individually think of an idea for a show and pitch it to a panel. The idea can't just be anything though, we must carefully plan it out and include the following things:

-Include 4 VT's throughout the programme (1-2 minutes long!)
-Decide on the tone and target audience of the show.
-Have two distinctive halves of the programme.
-Choose the best host, panellists/contestants.
-Include a title sequence and credits.
-Include a studio audience.
-Research what props, costumes and a set we want.
- & have a sufficient amount of research behind it all!

For me personally, I really want to apply for the producer as it's something new and different with more responsibility than usual. It also means I would get to be as creative as I want and have the final say on all ideas. The producer role is also something I've really wanted to try out properly for a while as I'm always the editor and when we do other units i've always liked thinking of ideas and organising things. We all must think of an idea and pitch it to the panels, I decided i'm going to start straight away so I can get enough research to hopefully be given a chance.

After the producer has been picked, we must all then begin to apply for other roles for the team. The roles vary from Editors to Promotional Producers. If I don't get Producer i'd really like Promotional Producer, VT Producer or one of the Editing/Vision Mixing roles. I'd really like Promotional Producer as I love creating, thinking of ideas, and all things Photoshop & Advertising. 

Professional Practice.

For the second unit, we have been given the opportunity to work for a company. We must either apply for a work placement for unto 2 weeks, or create a commissioned piece of work for a professional company. Whatever path we decide to take, we get marked by our employers feedback and our individual work we create. I'm really excited for this unit as it allows us to get experience and work for someone professional so we can write it on our CV's. 

I personally aren't such which I'd like to choose as a work placement gives me a longer experience however, I really want to make a video/promotional piece for a company.

No comments:

Post a Comment