Thursday 15 January 2015

Studio Production: Ideas!

After doing some further research into different types of television shows, I decided to go down the game show path. 

I began thinking of creating a couples game show in which they must complete hands on tasks to win against the other couple. I did a lot of research into this however when speaking to Helen and other class mates I realised I can think of something better and also a few people had the same idea!

I then looked more at TV shows such as Total Wipeout and I'm A Celebrity and decided I wanted to create an exciting endurance game. I decided to break down my ideas in sections so I definitely knew what I was going to do for each part of the show. I decided to name my show 'Can You Handle It?' as I want it to appeal to the audience and make them wonder what the show is about.

Hosting TV Channels. 
The channel I host my idea on changes the show completely! ITV and Channel 4 are very different in style and depending on what style I want I need to choose carefully. Shows like I'm A Celebrity are on ITV1 on a night as this is peek time for families to be sat at home (and convenient for the time difference). I'm A Celebrity is an influence to me as it creates content like what I want mine to be like which is very enduring and challenging. ITV Is also very popular and the biggest commercial channel in the UK. This could mean ratings and viewings will go up and my audience profile might range in age. The Slogan for ITV is 'Where drama/laughter/life/news lives' my TV show fits into 'drama' and 'laughter' as it's going to be heart racing and nerve-wracking for the contestants but very funny for the audience. However Channel 4 is more aimed at a younger audience, with sub channels such as E4 and More4 being highly popular. Channel 4 is also quite edgy and different compared to ITV which can sometimes be seen as serious and family generated. Right now i'm unsure on which channel I want to publish on however ITV and Channel 4 are my main research places.

Time and Day?
I want my show to be on at the night time as I feel this is a peak time for teenagers and adults to be at home, to watch before they go out, or just after they've eaten dinner and are relaxing. I feel 9pm is best as the watershed is at 9pm which means it's not too strict and we won't be thinking 'oh you can't say that'. The day for my show is going to be a Saturday night. This is because most people have weekends off and can relax during the weekends, so can sit down for a bit of entertainment and laugher. I was also influenced by Ant and Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway as this is shown on a Saturday night and is very popular.

Can You Handle It?

·      2 Teams
·      2 Players in each (1 boy, 1 girl)
·      Time: 21:00
·      Day: Saturday Night
·      Channel: ITV

HOST:
Famous influences;
-Alan Carr
-Ellen Degeneres
-Davina McCall
-Vernon Kay
-Steven Mulhern
-Jimmy Carr

Looking for a funny presenter, light hearted can joke around, young, loud and energetic, gets close up to the challenges and urges both teams on. Female/male not specified. The people listed above I researched into and are my influences for the television show. 

AUDIENCE PROFILE:
Aimed at 18-30 year olds.

INFLUENCES:
total wipeout
celebrity juice

Saturday night takeaway

I'm going to do some further research into VT ideas and then write down a schedule for my 30 minute programme.

1 comment:

  1. Good scheduling research here - it's essential to ascertain WHO you are talking to so you can formula WHAT to produce

    ReplyDelete